Spinach & Basil Pesto With Cobrançosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Recipe courtesy of Rachel Bradley-Gomez of Au Jardin Potager food blog. You can use a mortar and pestle, which is traditional, or your blender. Yields 2 cups.
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup super fresh and fruity Sigona’s Fresh Press Cobrançosa extra virgin olive oil from Portugal
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or to taste
Directions: In the jar of your blender add the salt, garlic, spinach, and basil followed by the cheese, nuts, and olive oil. Process on low until smooth, about 10-15 seconds, stopping the machine to scrape down the sides as necessary. Prepare your favorite cut of pasta and toss the strained, hot pasta with the pesto.